Thursday, May 24, 2012

Beaded Chalkboard Wine Bottle

I often work with beads when making jewelry, but rarely in other crafts. When I entered the One Crafty Contest over at One Artsy Mama, I made it into the Top 20 and advanced to the "bead round". I decided to try to make something that wasn't jewelry, so I made this Beaded Chalkboard Wine Bottle. I love using chalkboard paint in home decor items because you can always change it up simply by changing what is written. And I also love the look of turquoise paired with a little splash of red, and thought those colors would be nice and bold against the black background.

 


What You Need:
  • Empty Wine Bottle
  • Chalkboard Spray Paint
  • 24 Gauge Wire
  • Beads (I used turquoise and red chip beads from Michaels)
  • Hot Glue
How to Make It:
  • Remove label from wine bottle. I soaked mine in water and peeled off the label. There was still a bunch of adhesive left, so I used some Goof Off to remove it.
  • Spray paint bottle with chalkboard paint and dry completely.
  • Coil wire around bottle as desired to determine length and cut it just slightly longer.
  • Coil one end so beads won't come off, then string turquoise beads along length. Coil opposite end to secure beads.
  • Cut wire to be formed into heart shape
  • Coil one end of wire cut for heart so beads will not come off and string red beads along length.
  • Shape beaded wire into heart and wrap other end around frame to hold in place and keep beads from coming off the wire.
  • Wrap turquoise beads around bottle as desired and secure ends in place with hot glue.
  • Hot glue red heart in place.
Places I'm Partying:
http://www.tatertotsandjello.com/
http://www.blissfulanddomestic.com/
http://craftomaniac.blogspot.com/
http://diyhshp.blogspot.com/
Lil\'Luna

1 comment:

  1. People who say they don't care what people think are usually desperate to have people think they don't care what people think. See the link below for more info.


    #desperate
    www.ufgop.org


    ReplyDelete