Monday, January 30, 2012

She's Ready to POP! Baby Shower Favors

My cousin will be welcoming her second little girl into the family in just a few short weeks. I was excited to make the favors for the beautiful baby shower she had last weekend.

SHE'S READY TO POP, AGAIN! POPCORN BOX FAVORS:
I was inspired by something I saw on Pinterest for this.

What You Need:
  • Popcorn Box for Template (Michaels had a package of little red & white popcorn boxes for $2.99)
  • Decorative Cardstock (baby girl-themed for my purposes)
  • Adhesive
  • Scoring Tool
  • Scissors
  • Labels (I used Gartner Studios Printable Scallop Circle Labels from Michaels)
How To Make It:
  • Disassemble the popcorn box and trace for template.
  • Cut out template. If cardstock is two-sided, make sure your box is oriented correctly before scoring.
  • Noting fold lines on original box, score lines on your new template.
  • Fold and glue together flaps to form box.
  • Print and affix labels, then fill with popcorn!!!
  • I made a mix of popcorn and pastel pink & white m&ms. I had some leftover pink candy melts from some dipped strawberries and drizzled that over the popcorn too.
  • To finish, I placed each popcorn box into a cellophane bag and tied with a pink ribbon.
Places I'm Partying:


Tip Junkie handmade projectsNightOwlCrafting
www.bluecricketdesign.net
http://sewwoodsy.com/2012/02/whats-up-wednesday-link-party-12.html
http://thistlewoodfarm.wordpress.com/2012/01/31/a-journey-of-1000-steps/
www.thirtyhandmadedays.com
www.whipperberry.com







shabby creek cottage

It's Overflowing




One Artsy MamaKatie's Nesting SpotThe 36th Avenue
















 























13 comments:

  1. This is SUPER CUTE!!! I'd love for you to come share it at my party, Overflowing with Creativity! The party just began!!! Thanks LOTS!!! XO, Aimee

    ReplyDelete
  2. Totally excited about being your newest follower!

    XO, Aimee

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is such a great project! I would absolutely love it if you would link this project up to our "impossibility" party. Here's the link:

    http://thistlewoodfarm.wordpress.com/2012/01/31/a-journey-of-1000-steps/

    Thanks for the inspiration!

    blessings,
    karianne

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love it! I have a baby shower to plan in a couple months and I definitely need to keep this in mind. I'll be pinning this. I'm also your newest follower. If you get a chance stop by www.thenymelrosefamily.blogspot.com Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love this idea! I am having a "precious and pink" party for my daughter and I am going to make these for sure! Where did you find the pink m&m's? Thanks for the great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  6. We are hosting our first Kitchen Fun and Crafty link party next Friday and would love for you to share this! Feel free to stop by and grab a party button! http://kitchenfunwithmy3sons.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  7. Visiting from TT&J. Love this idea! So cute! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  8. So cute, what a fun idea. Happy to be your newest follower!!
    Karah

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks for linking up! Just checking, did you see my Lisa Leonard giveaway yet?


    XO, Aimee

    ReplyDelete
  10. Too cute! I'm pinning this for my next baby shower! I found you through Tatertots and Jello and I'm a new follower. I love your blog name! Thanks for sharing! :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a cute play on words, "She's ready to pop" and super sweet project. I have that paper too, I love it. Turned out great! Thanks for linking up to A Crafty Soiree!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi,
    Awesome idea and it was very nice. I am always looking out for baby shower favors.
    Thanks for this post.

    ReplyDelete