- 12 oz. Can of Diet Cherry Coke
- Box of chocolate cake mix (I used Duncan Hines Butter Recipe Fudge)
- Cool Whip (smaller container)
- Powdered Sugar-1/4 cup
- Almond Extract-1/4 tsp
- Add can of Diet Cherry Coke to boxed cake mix and mix for 2 minutes.
- Bake according to directions on box, but start checking it about 5 minutes before time stated because it may cook a bit quicker. Toothpick inserted in center will come out clean when cake is done.
- Allow cake to cool completely before frosting.
- Using a mixer, beat the thawed Cool Whip with the powdered sugar and almond extract until blended and fluffy.
- Frost cake and decorate as desired!
I am not usually a fan of using lower fat substitutions in baked goods in place of oil, eggs, etc. because the texture always seems very sticky and just weird, but I would not have known this cake wasn't made with the usual ingredients.
Apparently you can use any diet soda with any boxed cake mix. Other pairings to consider:
Yellow or white cake mix with diet sprite
White cake mix with diet orange soda
White cake mix with diet root beer
Chocolate cake with Diet Dr. Pepper
Places I'm Partying: