Cheerios Christmas Trees
- 6 cups of Cheerios (can use regular or honey nut)
- 4 1/2 Cups Mini Marshmallows
- 6 T Salted Butter
- Green Food Coloring
- Cooking Oil Spray
- In a medium saucepan, melt the butter and marshmallows over low heat, stirring constantly, until fully melted and smooth.
- Add green food coloring until desired shade is reached.
- Place Cheerios cereal in a bowl and add the marshmallow mixture, stirring until all the cereal is thoroughly coated.
- Place a sheet of parchment or wax paper on a cookie sheet.
- Spray your hands with the cooking oil and take a handful of the Cheerios mixture and form into a Christmas tree shape. Be sure to press it firmly together so the tree doesn't collapse.
- When you are finished forming each tree, set it on the cookie sheet.
- Once all of your trees are formed, slice your gumdrops and just stick the little circles on the trees as ornaments.
- Place the trees in the refrigerator to set for about an hour, then take them out and cover them up until they are ready to be served!