I read the book Ruby Valentine Saves the Day by Laurie B. Friedman and made some super sweet Valentine brownies. Both were a big hit with the little ones!
What You Need:
- 2 Boxes Brownie Mix (plus eggs & oil per instructions on box)
- Wilton Candy Melts - White
- Valentine Decorations - Red or pink sprinkles, sugars, hearts, etc.
- Heart-Shaped Cookie Cutter
What To Do:
- Bake brownies according to "fudge-like" instructions on box (as opposed to "cake-like"). I made two 8x8 glass baking dishes of brownies which yielded 20 heart shaped brownies approx. 3" each. Be sure to grease the baking dishes well so the brownie will come out easily.
- Allow brownies to cool completely in baking dish. I let mine cool on the counter, then covered them and put them in the fridge for several hours.
- Once thoroughly chilled, turn the brownie out onto a cutting board and use cookie cutter to cut out heart shapes.
- Place full bag of candy melts into a bowl and melt in microwave following instructions on bag.
- Dip half of heart brownie into melted candy and place on wax or parchment paper.
- Quickly put on your decorations before the candy melts harden.
Places I'm Partying: