What You Need:
- 16" x 20" x 1" Canvas (you need the depth to contain the string of lights behind canvas)
- String of Christmas Lights (I had plug-in ones, but battery-operated lights would be good here)
How To Make It:
- Use pencil to make marks on canvas where you'll want your lights to come through. I just did random starburst shapes. Be sure to count the marks to make sure you have enough lights.
- Use an awl to poke through canvas and make holes for each bulb to go through.
- Insert a bulb into each hole and secure with glue (I used a small dab of hot glue). Be sure to keep in mind where the plug end will be if not using battery-operated lights.
- You may need to secure the string between the lights to the back of the canvas so it doesn't stick out so far that you can't hang it on a wall.