Monday, December 5, 2011

Christmas Light Canvas

I love how cozy the house feels with the Christmas tree lit up in the evening and decided I needed a little bit more festive lighting in the house.


What You Need:
  • 16" x 20" x 1" Canvas (you need the depth to contain the string of lights behind canvas)
  • String of Christmas Lights (I had plug-in ones, but battery-operated lights would be good here)
  • Awl

How To Make It:
  • Use pencil to make marks on canvas where you'll want your lights to come through. I just did random starburst shapes. Be sure to count the marks to make sure you have enough lights.
  • Use an awl to poke through canvas and make holes for each bulb to go through.


  •  Insert a bulb into each hole and secure with glue (I used a small dab of hot glue). Be sure to keep in mind where the plug end will be if not using battery-operated lights.
  • You may need to secure the string between the lights to the back of the canvas so it doesn't stick out so far that you can't hang it on a wall.



Sumo's Sweet Stuff
Tip Junkie handmade projects





The Allred Abode
http://todayscreativeblog.net/
 http://www.bluecricketdesign.net/
www.lilluna.com
shabby creek cottage
Katie's Nesting Spot

The 36th Avenue


http://thirtyhandmadedays.com/


13 comments:

  1. What a fun idea. There are so many possibilities. I would love it if you would stop by and share at the crafty link party going on right now at Lines Across My Face.
    I hope to see you soon,
    Rachel
    http://linesacrossmyface.blogspot.com/2011/12/cure-for-common-monday-20.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. That looks so festive and very pretty too. You did a great job!

    Best Christmas wishes,
    Natasha.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fun idea! I'll have to try that! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi! I saw your post on the Allred Adobe's linky party - my son will love doing this together! I am now your newest follower from www.madebyaprincessblog.com and I hope you will follow me too! I also just pinned this to my Christmasy Things board on Pinterest (I am a little obsessed with Pinterest right now!) Looking forward to keeping up with your posts :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is a great idea! Visiting from whipperberry :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oooh thats a great idea! I have tons of cardboard boxes that can be put to great use now!!!Would you please share this with my readers for Fun Stuff Fridays linky party? http://www.toysinthedryer.com/2011/12/fun-stuff-fridays-3.html

    ReplyDelete
  7. SO cute. I love it. Reminds me of my LightBrite toy from when I was younger. Thanks for sharing. I would love it if you could link this up to our linky party going on right now. http://junkintheirtrunk.blogspot.com/2011/12/link-it-up-wednesday-6.html

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love this idea! What a great addition to the christmas decor, you could even do a design for all year round! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Blythe, how pretty this idea is. It will certainly be a lovely addition to your Christmas decorations. Thanks for sharing. I have recently found your blog and am now following you, and will visit often. Please stop by my blog and perhaps you would like to follow me also. Have a wonderful day. Hugs, Chris
    http://chelencarter-retiredandlovingit.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi, Let me share Drywall and Painting Service with a team of highly experienced Sheetrock installation experts. drywall 60500 0.67. you can google map it here: drywall repair 33100 4.05

    ReplyDelete
  11. We have teams of Demolition Contractors experts. Our experienced workers provide you a professional service of Demolition . If you need Demolition Contractors Vancouver you can contacts us

    ReplyDelete
  12. We have teams of drywall experts. Our experienced workers provide you a professional service of drywall to make it new and give it a completely modern look with facilities. If you need drywall contractors near Cincinnati you can contacts us

    ReplyDelete