Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Christmas Magnet Board

I got asked to help make crafts for my son's school. I was so excited to help! A few girlfriends and I got together to make magnet boards for the school. Friends and crafts together always make a great time!!! I love how they came out!



What You Need:



  • Mod Podge
  • Tin Sign (Got mine at the Dollar Store)
  • Foam Brush
  • Scrapbook Paper
  • Glass Beads
  • Clear, Flat-Backed Glass Marbles
  • Magnets

How To Make It:
  • Cut Scrapbook paper about 1/2 inch larger than tin so you could wrap around tin.
  • Once paper is cut, brush mod podge on tin.

  • Center paper on to tin and press down. Then smooth paper to make sure you seal bubbles. 

  • Once dry, turn it over and mod podge excess paper onto the back of the tin. Do 2 opposite sides first. Once that is dry, do the other 2 sides.

  • Follow these instructions to make the Scrapbook Magnets with the same paper used for tin.

  • When everything is dry, place it on a frame stand or hang it on your wall!



P.S.  If you are wondering who took those amazing pictures, they are from Snidershots Photography. She is amazing!!! 
shabby creek cottage
Katie's Nesting Spot


Thirty Hand Made Days

{Junk in their Trunk}
One Artsy Mama




Tip Junkie handmade projects
The Allred Abode


13 comments:

  1. ohh.. pretty! Ill have to look for a tin sign so I can make some of these as gifts :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Blythe, Thanks for the visit. I love your Christmas ideas so far and will definitely be back for more inspiration!

    Calli @ http://strawberryroandesign.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh I love what you did to this magnet board. I have an old magnet board just hanging around... might need to give it a makeover!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is soooo cute!! I would love for you to come share this at our link party...junkintheirtrunk.blogspot.com/2011/11/link-it-up-wednesday-5.html

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is AWESOME! Such a great idea! Would love for you to link up @ Find Your Craft Friday!

    Emily @ BabyBerry
    http://weinzapfelbabyberry.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. that is such a neat idea! it is so simple, yet so cute.

    ReplyDelete
  7. These are so easy, simple, and just lovely!Thanks so much for linking up to my first link party and helping to make it such a big success!
    Kim @ Too Much Time

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh, how cute is that?! What a genius idea...so fun and so useful. Great gift idea too. You guys are rocking my socks this week, as usual!! Thanks so much for linking up at Shine On Fridays and sharing your fabulousness!

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a cool idea, I love how you can display them on your counter. I need one, too bad I can't come to your school and buy one :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I never thought to look at the dollar store for tin signs. What a genious idea!! Thanks for sharing and inspiring at Shine on Friday!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. would love it if you could share this on my link party Serenity Saturday at www.serenityyou.blogspot.com

    Natasha xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is so awesome and very amazing ideas.
    Really i like your this post. Thanks for sharing such kind this post.
    8 seater dining table marble top

    ReplyDelete