I was lucky to be part of a bridal party back in July and stumbled upon these AMAZING cookies on a cookie tray at the wedding. I desperately sought out the baker of the cookies and begged for the recipe (fortunately it was my neighbor so I didn't have to beg too much)! They are so light & flaky & delicious & downright addictive!
Creme Wafer Cookies
- 1 Cup + 1/4 Cup Butter, Softened
- 1/3 Cup Heavy Whipping Cream
- 2 Cups All-Purpose Flour
- 1/3 Cup White Granulated Sugar
- 3/4 Cup Sifted Powdered Sugar
- 1 Tsp Vanilla
- Mix 1 cup of softened butter with flour. Once well-combined, stir in heavy whipping cream. Chill at least 1 hour.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Spread granulated sugar out on a piece of wax or parchment paper.
- On a floured surface, roll dough to about 1/8" thickness. Using a shot glass, or pill bottle, cut dough into 1.5" rounds. Keep any dough not in use back in the fridge so it stays cold.
- Place each round onto granulated sugar and turn to coat both sides.
- Place rounds on an ungreased cookie sheet, prick several times with a fork and bake for 7-9 minutes. Cookies should look slightly puffy when ready.
- While cookies are cooling, prepare filling: Mix 1/4 cup softened butter, 3/4 cup sifted powdered sugar, 1 tsp vanilla and food coloring.