Kari's White Chicken Chili
- 4 Chicken Breasts
- 1 TBSP Olive Oil
- 2 Medium Onions, Chopped
- 4 Cloves Garlic, Minced
- Two 4oz. Cans Chopped Mild Green Chilis
- 2 Tsp Ground Cumin
- 1.5 Tsp Dried Oregano, Crumbled
- 1/4 Tsp Cayenne Pepper
- Three 16 oz Cans White Beans
- 5 Cups Chicken Broth
- 3 Cups Monterey Jack Cheese, Shredded
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- Sour Cream, Jalapeño Peppers (optional)
- Boil chicken breasts and cook until tender, about 15 minutes. Remove chicken from pot, let it cool and shred.
- Heat oil in large pot over medium/high heat. Add onions and sauté about 10 minutes.
- Stir in garlic, chilis, cumin, oregano and cayenne. Saute 2 minutes.
- Add undrained cans of beans and chicken broth. Bring to a boil.
- Add chicken, reduce heat and simmer about 15- 20 minutes.
- Add cheese, stirring until it melts.
- Serve with a dollop of sour cream and jalapeño slices, if desired.
On a side note, Kari was one of the generous donors to Desperate Craftwives' Auction benefiting CTF. Be sure to check out her shop, Thought of You Fabric Accessories, and remember it when you start your holiday shopping.
Places I'm Partying: