What You Need:
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 1 cup salted butter, softened
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 3/4 cups all purpose flour
- 2 tsp cream of tartar
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Cinnamon-Sugar Mix (mix 1/4 cup sugar w 2 teaspoons cinnamon)
- 8 oz. cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- Make filling by mixing cream cheese, sugar and vanilla. Cover and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes.
- Cream butter and sugar together until fluffy.
- Add eggs and vanilla and mix well.
- Mix in flour, cream of tartar, baking soda and salt, using low speed.
- For each cookie, roll 1 tablespoon of dough into a ball and flatten into a disk approx. 2 inches diameter. Repeat - will need 2 discs for each cookie.
- Place 1 teaspoon of cold cream cheese mixture in middle of one disc, then place other disc on top, pressing down around edges to seal. Next, carefully roll into a ball and roll in cinnamon sugar mix.
- Put cookie on plate and refrigerate. After making each one, put in refrigerator. It is important that these cookies stay cold before baking.
- Once all cookies have been made, allow them to chill for at least 15 minutes.
- While cookies are chilling, preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Bake on parchment-lined cookie sheet for 8-10 minutes, leaving about 2 inches between cookies.
- Cool on wire rack.
- Once cool...place several on a plate for people to taste and "oooh" and "aaah" over. Then hide the rest of the cookies so you can eat them yourself. Yes...they are that good.
Places I'm Partying: