I love a good pasta salad, and down here in the hot South, I prefer to make one that is not mayonnaise-based for our outdoor cookouts. This is my favorite one and it is always a crowd pleaser.
- 1 lb. Rotini Pasta
- 1 Packet Good Seasonings Italian Dressing (dry mix)
- 4 oz. Mini Turkey Pepperoni
- 8 oz. Asiago Cheese, diced (can also substitute Provolone)
- 1 Green Bell Pepper
- 1 Red Bell Pepper
- 3/4 Cup Olive Oil (not Extra Virgin)
- 1/4 Cup Balsamic Vinegar
- 2 1/2 Teaspoons Dried Oregano
- 1 Teaspoon Dried Parsley
- 2 Tablespoons Parmesan Cheese, Grated
- Salt to Taste
- Cook pasta al dente according to directions on package (in salted water).
- Drain and rinse with cold water.
- Place pasta in a large bowl and mix in packet of italian dressing.
- Add cheese, pepperoni, and peppers.
- Cover bowl and refrigerate for about an hour for flavors to blend.
- Prepare dressing: In a medium bowl, combine olive oil, balsamic vinegar, oregano, parsley, parmesan cheese, and salt. Whisk together until well combined.
- Pour dressing over salad, blend together well and serve!