Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Valentine Sign

Being that I am a lover of all things holiday, my house seemed to be lacking in Valentine decor. 'Bout to change that!
First project....embellished valentine subway art.

What You Need:
  • 8"x10" canvas
  • Red paint (I used Martha Stewart Satin in Habanero)
  • White Adhesive Vinyl
  • Die-Cutting Machine (I used my Cricut)
  • Adhesive Rhinestones
  • Ribbon
  • Glue/Staples


How To Make It:
  • Paint canvas red and let dry.
  • Cut valentine phrases from white vinyl (I used the Cricut Word Collage cartridge and selected a few lines from the valentine design).
  • Apply vinyl to canvas, leaving space between lines for embellishments.
  • Adhere rhinestones, ribbon, or whatever you fancy.

Places I'm Partying:




 

shabby creek cottageThe 36th Avenue
Katie's Nesting Spot

3 comments:

  1. Very cute! I love how you used the ribbon and the jewels.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So pretty! I love the bling and the fonts you used! Awesome!! I am a new follower:)
    Karen@Pocket Full of Pink

    ReplyDelete
  3. Stunning, I love all the printable subway art but nothing is better than one with each word actually added. I've seen that word collage cartridge and been tempted. I think I'm gonna have to get it! I've also seen how people have printed out the word collages in vinyl and added them to a center of a plate...that looks very cute too.

    ReplyDelete