Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Baby Girl Wreath

We will be welcoming a new baby cousin into the family in just a few weeks (squeal!!!). I wanted to make something special for her nursery and I've been on a bit of a wreath-making kick lately, so.......


What You Need:
  • Wreath Form
  • Ribbon
  • Straight Pins
  • Felt
  • Wooden Letter
  • Needle & Thread
  • Mod Podge, Hot Glue
How You Make It:
  • Cut ribbon into lengths long enough to go around wreath form with a bit of overlap.
  • Wrap alternating pieces of ribbon around wreath and secure in place with straight pins until entire wreath is covered.
  • Apply a coat of Mod Podge to the back where the ends of the ribbon are to prevent fraying.
  • Make felt flowers: Cut a strip of felt approximately 2"x12". Fold in half lengthwise and sew ends together. Once sewn, cut slits down entire length about 3/4 of the way to the bottom. Next, starting with one end, roll up into flower and sew through bottom to secure

  • Paint wooden letter to match ribbon and let dry.
  • Glue on felt flowers and wooden letter with hot glue.



Places I'm Partying:

Tip Junkie handmade projects

 


The 36th AvenueToys In The DryerSee Vanessa Craft

shabby creek cottage






 






 

10 comments:

  1. Love it - would look great adapted for valentine's day with a big heart instead of a letter too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very cute, I love the felt flowers. I bet the recipient will love it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those flowers totally make it - so so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is SO cute, girl! I love the colors and those felt flowers...I've never tried that kind before, but now I want to! The monogram is sweet too! The ribbon wrapping kind of reminds me of my Valentine wreath, so you know I like it! I'm following you back on Linky!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very cute! I love wreaths. They can add so much :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. So sweet and cute! love the colors!! Would love for you to link up to our Uncommonly Yours link party!

    www.uncommondesignsonline.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is absolutely adorable!!! Thanks for showing us 'how-to'. And Thanks so much for sharing at the Kiss and Tell party over at I Gotta Create!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hey There. I found your blog using msn. This is a really well written article. I’ll make sure to bookmark it and come back to read more of your useful information. Thanks for the post. I’ll definitely comeback.
    Baggallini Luggage Sicily Bag, Bronze, One Size

    ReplyDelete
  9. You are featured on my blog tonight!! C'mon by and grab a feature button :) Love this wreath!! Has the little one arrived yet?? Thanks for linking up - a new party started tonight, too!
    <3 Christina

    By the way, you have word verification on. Sometimes folks don't realize it, so wanted to give you a heads up. If you need help with turning it off, I have instructions here: http://igottacreate.blogspot.com/2011/12/bloggy-tips-101.html

    ReplyDelete
  10. So cute - this would be darling for a baby shower!

    ReplyDelete