- 3 cups all purpose flour
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 3 tsp ground cinnamon
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 2 1/4 cups white sugar
- 3 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 cups grated zucchini
- 1 cup chopped walnuts (optional)
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- Grease & flour two 8x4 bread pans.
- Sift flour, salt, baking powder, baking soda & cinnamon together.
- In separate bowl, beat together eggs, oil, sugar and vanilla extract.
- Add sifted ingredients and beat well.
- Stir in zucchini and nuts (if you choose to use them) until mixed well.
- Pour batter into pans.
- Bake 40-60 min (usually closer to 60 in my experience), or until tester comes out clean.
- Cool in pan on rack for 20 minutes, then remove from pan and cool completely.
- Eat a slice, save a little for the kids, then wrap up the rest of the bread and run it to the neighbors because, if you don't, you will end up eating it ALL in a very short time. Not that I know this from personal experience :)
You can find original recipe for "Mom's Zucchini Bread" here.
FYI, this recipe has a 5 star average rating out of 3,500 reviews, so I am not the only one that thinks this is delicious!
Sharing this post at: