Sunday, March 4, 2012

Strawberry Birthday Party

With my daughter turning 2 in just a couple months, I've been thinking about her upcoming birthday party and reminiscing about the last one. Her first birthday was strawberry-themed. The Gymboree store had a line of strawberry clothing for babies that was so darn cute, I actually designed the party around the outfit. Unfortunately, my daughter cried every time I put her in the dress, so it was returned and she ended up wearing something completely non-strawberry. But the party was still cute.....

The dessert table had strawberry Twizzlers, strawberry hard candies, fresh strawberries, the birthday cake & cupcakes, and strawberry cookies.

I purchased the strawberry cookie cutters (2 sizes) from http://www.cheapcookiecutters.com/

For the centerpiece, I made a strawberry ribbon topiary.
Click here for Ribbon Topiary Tutorial

I used my Cricut to cut out shapes and letters for a banner.

I also got some red balloons and drew little black seeds on them with a sharpie and put a little curly green ribbon on the top to make them look like strawberries.


Our happy family!
shabby creek cottage

18 comments:

  1. What a cute little family!! That theme is precious! Love the cookies! Good luck planning 2!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a sweet idea! Absolutely love the decorations!

    ReplyDelete
  3. awww... my little bean turns two next month also *tear* They grow up so fast!! Beautiful strawberry party you threw last year!

    Shelby @ thebeansproutnotes.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Absolutely adorable. I love all the details! I've never seen a ribbon topiary. Love it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my goodness... Love party!!! It looks amazing! I would love for you to link up to my party going on now at Jillify It! Hope to see you there!

    Jill
    www.jillifyit.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. How adorable!! Reminds me of Strawberry Shortcake (the character)!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a cute party! Great job! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love your party!! come link to my blog....we love all parties!! linky on Tuesdays and it's still open :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the strawberry theme...you did such cute stuff with it! Those cookies look amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  10. That little ribbon topiary is just adorable! So, so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Cute theme for the party! Funny, I am on Picasa right now editing the rest of my pictures for the ribbon topiary I made for my daughter's second birthday...and then to decorate her room! Cute!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Two! So sweet. Love the strawberry theme and the topiary! Thanks SO much for linking up!
    igottacreate.blogspot.com
    "Kiss Me I'm Irish" linky party now open!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hey, Gina put your post on Facebook from Transformation Thursday. I came in to take a look and just love your party. But, then I have a thing for strawberries.
    I've just become your newest follower, so please come visit me and maybe you will follow back?? THANKS

    PICKINandPAINTIN.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hey, girl! Congratulations on being featured on Lines Across My Face! YAy!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Featuring YOU tonight! You were one of the top viewed links from last week's {wow me} wednesday party! Great job! Thanks so much for sharing.

    Ginger @ gingersnapcrafts.com

    http://www.gingersnapcrafts.com/2012/03/wow-me-wednesday-42.html

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oh my gosh, that's so adorable! Great job! Love the family photo too!! Thanks for sharing at last week's Shine on Fridays!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Everything came out great!! I love the cookies - and I have to check out that site as I am always looking for different cookie cutters depending on what I am doing!

    ReplyDelete