Sunday, March 18, 2012

Official Leprechaun Sighting!

My 5 year old son and I just learned that you can try to catch a leprechaun on St. Patrick's Day. We live on a conservation lot and our neighbors have a motion-activated game camera strapped to a tree to catch pictures of wildlife behind our houses. They have captured pictures of deer and coyote, so they figured...why not a leprechaun???

So our neighbor recruited my son to help him set the trap in the conservation. He sprinkled Lucky Charms and gold coins in the trap as bait.

The next morning, imagine our surprise when the trap was up-ended and that it had startled the leprechaun so much, he dropped his hat, glasses, and a handful of coins!


Obviously, the leprechaun had been there, so we could only hope the camera caught all the action. When we checked the images on the SD card, look what we found:


And I guess the leprechaun was a little upset we tried to trap him because this is what happened inside our house while we slept:

10 comments:

  1. So cute and creative...he will always remember that memory!

    ReplyDelete
  2. so cute, I bet that just made his day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is so cute! and so is your little boy. I found you blog via Linky party and I think you have a great blog. I'm following you and I hope you can come to my blog and follow me too. @ http://www.arosiesweethome.com/
    Also I have tagged you as a Wonderful Blogger
    Come see @ http://www.arosiesweethome.com/2012/03/i-have-been-tagged-wonderful-blogger.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love it! I bet he thought that was the coolest thing every :-)
    I AM in Tampa, but we're moving to Orlando very soon. Maybe we'll run into each other someday soon.

    I'm following your blog to keep up with you!!!

    Take care neighbor,
    Jen
    sunnyvanilla.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. How adorable! I am sure your little guy is going to remember this for a very long time! You have a wonderful blog and I am your newest follower. I hope you can come by and follow mine too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is the best parents can give to their children.
    Lovely! Thanks for stopping by, so I could see this and start following :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. wow is that a real leprechaun i have a leprechaun of my own

    ReplyDelete
  8. FAKE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ALERT

    ReplyDelete
  9. man magic marker is very magic #fake

    ReplyDelete