Tuesday, November 29, 2011

JOY sign

We made a framed BOO sign for Halloween that was so easy and so inexpensive, and turned out so cute, that we decided to do a Christmas one with the word JOY.


shabby creek cottage



What You Need:
  • Collage Frame with 3 Opening for 4 x 6" Photos (Got this one at Michaels for about $3.50 on sale)
  • Christmas-Themed Scrapbook Paper, approx. 4.5" x 6.5" (three pieces)
  • Die-Cut Letters J-O-Y (we used red scrapbook paper)
  • Glue
  • How to Make It:
    • Remove back from frame. Take out matting.
    • Tape or glue three pieces of scrapbook paper to back of matting so the pattern shows through the openings. 
    • Turn matting over and center and glue down each letter in its place  (our letters were cut out using a Cricut Expression).
    • Place back in frame and replace backing. Done!

Places We're Partying:

Tip Junkie handmade projects
www.lilluna.com
http://www.bluecricketdesign.net/
Katie's Nesting Spot


Thirty Hand Made Days

{Junk in their Trunk}
One Artsy Mama


10 comments:

  1. How Cute...Found you at lil' luna's link party.....

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is adorable --- thank you for sharing!
    Blessings, Becky
    www.fromgentogen.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is really cute!! I love the white with the paper!! Great choices!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love it! I'm about to take apart an ugly 3 window picture that I have been talking myself out of getting rid of for years. Now it will have a new life, Thanks for the great idea! I would love for you to stop by my blog and see if anything inspires you ;)
    chevymommasramblings.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. This sign is REALLY cute and fun!I am hosting my first EVAH link party this weekend. It is up and running now and I would love for you to come link up some of your projects!

    Kim @ Too Much Time

    http://kim-toomuchtimeonmyhands.blogspot.com/search/label/get%20schooled%20saturday

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love how this turned out! Very cute...thanks for sharing. I'm your newest follower from the Too Much Time On My Hands party. I'd love you to stop by my blog if you get a chance & maybe follow along too.
    Sally
    loveofhomes.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. So cute!! Making one of these week. Thanks so much for sharing. Visiting from Tatertots and Jello

    ReplyDelete
  8. Super cute, girls! Great job! Love that it's so simple to do but so very festive and fun! Another fabulous project from the Desperate Craftwives...:) Thanks for linking up this week!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love this idea, and so quick and simple - my kind of crafting! thanks for sharing!
    JoAnn
    www.sweetpepperrose.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete