These coasters came out beautiful. We loved them so much that we plan to make more! They make great gifts and are a nice way to display your favorite photos.
What you need:
4x4 White Tiles
Adhesive Felt Mounting Circles or Cork Board
How to make it:
- Cut pictures to 4x4 to fit tile.
- Using a foam brush, apply a thin coat of Mod Podge to the top side of tile and align picture on top and press down to adhere.
- Once dry, apply a coat of Mod Podge over entire picture. Allow to dry.
- Follow instructions per label on mixing resin.
- Elevate your tile with a cup on aluminum foil or wax paper.
- After mixing resin with hardener, pour on tile. Spread it out using popsicle sticks.
- Use a lighter to pop bubbles.
- Allow at least 72 hours to dry to harden. If needed let it dry longer.
- Once dry, stick 4 of the felt circles on the bottom of each tile or cut corkboard to fit tile and glue on the back of tile.
- Then stare at how pretty they look!
Note: The reason you elevate the tile is so the additional resin on your tile drips down instead of drying on to the tile. If you place the resin on a flat surface and it dries on the tile, simply cut it out.